- Yang Ming Names New 2800TEU Vessel
- Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp. (Yang Ming) held a naming ceremony for its 2,800 TEU class full container vessel ‘YM Cooperation’ at CSBC’s Kaohsiung shipyard on Oct 1st. The ceremony was jointly officiated by Yang Ming Chairman Cheng Cheng-Mount and CSBC Corporation President Wei Cheng-Tzu. M...
- Maersk to Divest its Container Manufacturer to CIMC
- China International Marine Containers Ltd., a global leader in logistics and energy equipment, will acquire the A.P. Moller - Maersk owned Maersk Container Industry, a leading manufacturer of refrigerated containers. This finalizes Maersk’s strategic review of Maersk Container Industry announced at its Capital Markets Day in Ma...
- CMA CGM Group Orders Two Boeing 777 Freighters
- Boeing and CMA CGM Group, a world leader in shipping and logistics, today announced the purchase of two new Boeing 777 Freighters to grow the Group’s air freight division operations. CMA CGM Group launched its dedicated air freight division, CMA CGM AIR CARGO, in February 2021, commencing commercial o...
- ONE Joins ‘Call to Action’ for Zero Emissions Shipping by 2050
- Ocean Network Express (ONE) has endorsed the Call to Action for Shipping Decarbonization by the “Getting to Zero Coalition”, an alliance of more than 150 companies within the maritime, energy, infrastructure and finance sectors that aims to decarbonize shipping. Signatories of the Call to Action for Shipping Decarbonization ...
- DSV Inaugurates the Largest Integrated Logistics Centre in Africa
- Today, DSV inaugurates the new Gauteng HQ in South Africa, DSV Park Gauteng, which is Africa’s largest integrated logistics centre. With this centralised facility DSV will be able to provide more seamless service to customers which is an integral part of creating a strengthened and more efficient logistics network in South...
- RoRo Delivers Hitachi ABB Power Grids Power Transformers to the US
- With three of its transformers destined for the US, Hitachi ABB Power Grids needed a reliable solution to deliver these high-value products on time. Here’s why RoRo proved to be the perfect match for meeting such tight project deadlines. Weighing over 180 tonnes each, Hitachi ABB Power Grids required the expertise of a ...
- DHL eCommerce Solutions is Recognized as a Great Place to Work in Australia
- DHL eCommerce Solutions (DHL), a division of the world's leading logistics company, Deutsche Post DHL Group (DPDHL), has been certified as a Great Place to Work in Australia. This is the first time the company is participating in the program, and earning this accolade is a monumental achievement given that it has been ...
- CMA CGM Makes the Decision to Stop All Spot Rate Increases
- Since the beginning of 2021, container shipping spot freight rates have continued to rise due to port congestion and the major imbalance between demand and maritime container transport effective capacity. Although these market-driven rate increases are expected to continue in the coming months, the Group has decided to put any further incre...
- FESCO and DP World agree on Strategic Cooperation at Implementation of Joint Projects
- FESCO Transportation Group (“FESCO”) and DP WORLD Russia have agreed on strategic cooperation at implementation of joint projects aimed at development of Commercial Port of Vladivostok (“CPV”, part of the FESCO Group). The corresponding agreement was signed within the framework of the Eastern Econom...
- CMA CGM Kaohsiung Terminal Starts A New Chapter
- The CMA CGM Group, a world leader in shipping and logistics, started its terminal operations at the port of Kaohsiung as CMA CGM Kaohsiung Terminal Co, Limited (CMA CGM Kaohsiung Terminal) on September 1st, 2021. This follows a 20-year terminal lease extension agreement which the Group has signed with Taiw...