- MOL and CNOOC Sign Long-term Charter Deal
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced that on January 7, through a subsidiary, it signed a long-term charter contract for six newbuilding LNG carriers with CNOOC Gas & Power Singapore Trading & Marketing Pte. Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC). The vess...
- Seafrigo Group Expands e-Commerce Operations in New Jersey
- The number of Americans buying all types of groceries online nearly doubled in 2020 according to consumer research by NielsenIQ. To cater for the increased demand for specialist chilled and frozen goods, Seafrigo Group, the global specialist and leader in temperature-controlled food logistics, has announced that it will open a new dedica...
- Tech Startups Invited to Join Yara Marine X Accelerator Program
- Yara Marine Technologies is now accepting applications for the second edition of its 3-month tailored startup accelerator program, Yara Marine X. The program offers selected companies a unique opportunity to develop and pilot their innovative solutions while supported by direct access to Yara Marine’s industry competence, network dist...
- K+N Significantly Expands Footprint in Africa
- Kuehne+Nagel, one of the world’s leading logistics providers, has significantly expanded its network of offices in Africa. These offices are managed and supported by a control tower in Durban, South Africa – a single point of customer contact responsible for a compliant, high quality and easy-to-access network across Africa. It allows ...
- Metrans Stablishes Three Connections to AFLUENT Terminal Arad per week
- The AFLUENT Terminal Arad is now a fully integrated terminal in the METRANS system. It is directly connected to the METRANS HUB terminal Budapest Csepel. This means that the company offers all of its services also close to the Romanian town of Arad. These include an empty container depot and delivery or ...
- Record Breaking year for Wolfurt-Rotterdam TransFER
- Rail Cargo Group’s container railshuttle between Austrian Wolfurt and Rotterdam will reach an all-time high in 2021, with over 18,500 TEUs transported. “An increase of more than 170 percent since we started”. Rail Cargo Group started the connection in 2016, delivering 6,686 TEU that year. “The growth since can be ...
- Mærsk Expands its Contract Logistic Capabilities Through the Acquisition of LF Logistics
- Mærsk A/S (Maersk) announces that it has reached an agreement to acquire 100% of the shares in LF Logistics Holdings Limited (LF Logistics) in an all-cash deal. LF Logistics is a well-established and strongly positioned Asia-Pacific-based omnichannel fulfilment contract logistics company. The acquisition will further strengthe...
- HPA Starts Construction of Additional Shore Power Facilities Plus Knowhow Exchange
- To achieve the goals of its clean air plan and reach an important milestone towards climate neutrality in the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, the city’s legislature has commissioned Hamburg Port Authority – HPA to supervise planning and construction of shore-based power facilities at the Burchardkai, Tollerort and Eurogate...
- Rhenus Hong Kong Partners with Geek+ to Develop its First AMR Warehouse
- Global logistics service provider Rhenus in Hong Kong collaborates with Geek+ to co-develop smart logistics solutions through automation of warehousing operations with autonomous mobile robots (AMRs). Geek+, a global AMR leader, and Rhenus Hong Kong are proud to announce the successful deployment of the first AMR-operated R...
- Port of Los Angeles Headed to Record Cargo Year
- The Port of Los Angeles is on track to break a new record for cargo throughput in 2021, processing more volume than any port in the Western Hemisphere. With two weeks left in the year, the Port anticipates its final volume will be approximately 10.7 million Twenty-Foot Equivalent Units (TEUs), about 13 percent more than its ...