- Maersk Continues Green Transformation with Six Additional Large Container Vessels
- A.P. Moller - Maersk (Maersk) announces that it has ordered a further six large ocean-going vessels that can sail on green methanol. The six vessels will be built by Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) and have a nominal capacity of approx. 17,000 containers (Twenty Foot Equivalent - TEU). They will replace existing capacity in the...
- Smooth Ports Successfully Holds Final Conference in Brussels
- The Smooth Ports project partners found that optimising or shifting road traffic to other modes of transportation in port-areas can have a major impact on CO2 emissions in ports. A smooth and efficient flow of daily port-related traffic, such as the clearance of goods, is also an important instrument to reduce emissions in ports, especially ...
- OOCL Completes Trial Voyage with Biofuel from Chevron
- Orient Overseas Container Line Ltd. (OOCL) is pleased to announce the successful completion of the trial use of marine biofuel supplied by leading global energy company, Chevron Singapore Pte Ltd. on M.V. “OOCL YOKOHAMA”. This is the first time that OOCL has trialled the use of biofuel in its fleet. On 2...
- DHL Global Forwarding and Hapag-Lloyd Clean up 6000kg of Trash
- To mark this year's International Coastal Clean-up (ICC) Day, teams from DHL Global Forwarding Middle East & Africa, India, and Pakistan partnered with shipping operator Hapag-Lloyd Middle East to pull 6,000 kg of trash from coastlines across six countries. Using the tagline, 'Turning the tide on trash', the two companies joine...
- MSC to Develop Air Cargo Solution in Response to Market Demand
- MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company SA, a global leader in transportation and logistics, has started developing a new MSC Air Cargo solution in response to customer demand and as a complementary service to its container shipping solutions. MSC Air Cargo has been under development for several months and the new solution wi...
- CEVA Logistics Strengthens Relationship with HMM, Signs Multi-Year Ocean Capacity Agreement
- CEVA Logistics is connecting more shippers with ocean capacity through a newly signed agreement with South Korean ocean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM), the 8th largest global provider of container shipping by 20-foot equivalent units (TEUs). The multi-year deal, which lasts into 2025, builds on the two companies existi...
- Crowley and Eastern Pacific Shipping Partner with Long-term Charters
- U.S. shipping and logistics company Crowley has awarded Singapore-based Eastern Pacific Shipping (EPS) a contract for the charter of four newbuild containerships powered by liquified natural gas (LNG) for Crowley’s U.S.-Central America trade. Using LNG significantly lowers vessel greenhouse gas emissions, such as sulfur oxid...
- MSC Joins the World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- In joining WBCSD, MSC will collaborate with other purpose-led companies on a range of initiatives – including the Business Commission to Tackle Inequality – towards the vision of creating a world in which 9+ billion people are living well, within planetary boundaries, by mid-century. MSC is pleased to join the WBCSD, wor...
- CMA CGM and Plastic Flamingo Renew Their Partnership
- The CMA CGM Group, a global player in sea, land, air and logistics solutions, and the Plastic Flamingo (PLAF), today announced the renewal of a 3-year partnership to collect and upcycle 600 metric tons of plastic waste from the streets, coastlines and the heavily plastic polluted River Pasig in Metro Manila. This marks an ...
- DHL Supply Chain to Invest EUR 500million in India to Further Boost Capacity
- DHL Supply Chain (DHL), the global market leader for contract logistics solutions, today announced an investment of EUR 500 million in India over the next five years to significantly grow its warehousing capacity, workforce and sustainability initiatives in the country. With this investment, DHL will own and operate wholly-owned larg...