- Record throughput on Austria services
- The Port of Hamburg is one of the most important seaports for Austrian imports and exports. Freight transport between Austria and the Port of Hamburg is flourishing. Setting a fresh record, 2021 container throughput of 320,776 TEU - 20-ft standard containers was up by 6.46 percent on the previous year. “Despite the corona pa...
- Wan Hai Lines Confirmed Orders For Five Container Ships
- In 2021, Wan Hai Lines had ordered 13 x 13,100TEU new builds as part of the company’s fleet improvement plan. Today, the company has confirmed the order of another 5 x 13,100TEU container ships with SAMSUNG HEAVY INDUSTRIES CO., LTD. The contract was signed on 25th March 2022. These new...
- DSV Opens DGNB-certified Warehousing Facility Near Copenhagen
- DSV opens a new giant 95,000 m2 warehouse and office premises near Copenhagen. Together with DSV's other buildings in Hedehusene, the new warehouse will be part of one of the largest logistics centres in the Nordic Region, boasting an area of 231,500 m2 by the end of 2022. Sustainability has been a key focus area during t...
- CMA CGM and the Plastic Flamingo Mitigate Plastic Packaging Pollution
- The Plastic Flamingo (the PLAF), with the support of the CMA CGM Group, a world leader in shipping and logistics, has launched a new recycling line at PLAF upcycling factory in Muntinlupa to upcycle the hard-to-recycle plastic sachet in the Philippines. This new recycling line creates an incentive for waste collectors to ...
- ONE Expands its Refrigerated Container Fleet
- Ocean Network Express (ONE) is expanding its current refrigerated container (reefer) fleet by adding another 6,500 new units (including 500 units equipped with advanced Controlled Atmosphere (CA) technology) to meet the growing demand for refrigerated cargo around the world. ONE continues to demonstrate its strong commitment to meet th...
- American Airlines Cargo to Join WebCargo’s Booking Platform
- American Airlines Cargo is embracing Digital Cargo, providing over 10,000 global forwarders with access to live rates, capacity, and instant eBookings through partnership with WebCargo, a Freightos group company. With widespread supply chain disruptions and clogged ports creating chaos for shippers, more customers are looking to air carg...
- Tobias Bartz Becomes the New CEO and Chairman of the Management Board of the Rhenus Group
- Tobias Bartz will take over the position of CEO and Chairman of the Management Board of the Rhenus Group on 1 April 2022. He will succeed Klemens Rethmann, who will then concentrate on his tasks on the Executive Board of RETHMANN SE. The Supervisory Board of Rhenus SE & Co. KG is appointing Tobi...
- ZIM to Launch ZIM eCommerce Baltimore eXpress
- ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd. (NYSE: ZIM) announced today the launch of ZIM Ecommerce Baltimore Express (ZXB), a new and speedy e-commerce service, in March 2022. ZXB will operate on the following route: Yantian – Cai Mep - Baltimore – New York – Boston – Yantian The service will commence ...
- MSC Signs Off Another Successful Tpm Edition
- As TPM22 came to a close, our representatives had the newfound opportunity to network and engage in person at what is commonly regarded as the premier conference for the trans-Pacific and global container shipping and logistics community. Meeting with existing customers and partners, and exploring new business opportunities, our speciali...
- Maersk Explores Digital Slotting Design Solutions for Warehousing
- Warehousing and Distribution operations are critical in integrated supply chains. As part of the company’s portfolio of technology innovations, Maersk is exploring AI-empowered, warehouse design slotting digital solutions. In large scale fulfillment operations, slotting is essential to maximize the overall efficiency of warehouse operations by ma...