With an order of 900 PrimeLINE® units from Carrier Transicold, Korea Marine Transport Containers (KMTC) is expanding its refrigerated cargo fleet and replacing older units. The PrimeLINE unit is a container refrigeration unit designed for world-class performance with leading energy efficiency, capacity and overall lifecycle cost.
Carrier Transicold is a part of Carrier Global Corporation (NYSE: CARR), the leading global provider of healthy, safe, sustainable and intelligent building and cold chain solutions. "Every year, we secure new reefer containers to meet the needs of our customers, offering them the highest level of performance and satisfaction. This is easily achievable with the 900 new PrimeLINE units by Carrier, which is especially vital to our customers in the lucrative durian market in Thailand,” said SW Nam, General Manager of Equipment Control Team, KMTC.
These 20- and 40-foot high-cube containers will be used to transport durians from Thailand to Hong Kong and vegetables from China to Southeast Asia. Durians are high-respiring fruit, consuming high levels of oxygen and releasing a large amount of carbon dioxide. Maintaining temperatures between 13–15 degrees Celsius is vital to preventing the fruit from spoiling and arriving at its destination in optimal condition and this is easily achievable with tight temperature controls by the PrimeLINE units.
KMTC selected Carrier for its superior performance, backed by a dedicated customer service team. The PrimeLINE unit, which has been the industry sales leader for over 13 years, features:
· Efficient performance with its energy-conserving digital scroll compressor
· Fast temperature pull-down with an economized vapor injection system, to start compressor cycling sooner, minimizing power consumption
· Tight temperature control within +/- 0.25 degree Celsius
· High airflow attributed to its aerospace-inspired fan design
· Excellent cost of ownership thanks to its efficiency and rugged design
< Korea Shipping Gazette >