- Port of Hamburg Strong First Quarter Growth Powers Upswing
- Germany’s largest universal port is again on a growth path, achieving a distinct advance in the first quarter of 2019 with seaborne cargo throughput ahead by 6.0 percent at 34.6 million tons.
Both general cargo throughput at 23.9 million tons - up 5.4 percent- and bulk cargo throughput at 10.7 million tons - up 7.5 percent - rose substantially in the first three months. The gratifying 6.4 percent increase in container handlin...
- NWSA Handles Record-Breaking International Container Volumes in April
- April 2019 was the busiest April ever for The Northwest Seaport Alliance’s international container volumes. At 265,781 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs), it marked an 18.4 percent rise over April 2018. International container volumes for the first four months of 2019 also set records at 1,041,303 TEUs, a 13.6 percent increase from the prior year.
“While we continue to monitor the effects of tariffs, we remain ...
- Imperial Logistics Holds First Ever SAFETY WEEK for Barge Crews
- Imperial Logistics has held its first ever SAFETY WEEK, as the latest element in its ongoing SAFETY TAKES US HOME campaign - which seeks to raise safety awareness and strengthen safety culture among the crews of its major barge operations in Europe and South America.
The first SAFETY WEEK was timed to coincide with “World Safety Day”, which took place on April 28th. In Eu...
- Agility Reports Earnings Increase of 7.3% for First Quarter2019
- Agility, a leading global logistics provider, today reported first quarter earnings of KD 20.3 million, or 12.2 fils per share, an increase of 7.3% from Q1 2018 (Excluding IFRS-16 Impact it will be an increase of 10.2%).
First-quarter revenue was KD 378.8 million, and EBITDA was KD 46.3 million, increases of 1.9% and 22.8%, respectively. Excluding IFRS16 impact, Agility GIL reported Q1 EBITD...
- APL Adds Honolulu To Eagle Express X Service
- APL, part of the CMA CGM Group, today announced the addition of Honolulu as a port of call to its Eagle Express X (EXX) service. Directly connecting Central China, Korea and Japan to Hawaii, the fortnightly call to Honolulu on the EXX service marks APL’s commitment to the Hawaiian market where its APL-owned office will render strong local expertise and dedicated customer support.
- MSC Further Supports Preservation of Marine Environment by Joining NAMEPA
- MSC Group is proud to be a new member of the North American Marine Environment Protection Association (NAMEPA), which works to preserve the marine environment by promoting sustainable maritime industry best practices and educating the public.
MSC is committed to promoting a sustainable business model, remaining true to its roots and its core family values. Regardless of the challenges and transformation we might f...
- Orient Overseas International Limited Announces The Sale of Long Beach Container Terminal
- Orient Overseas (International) Limited and Macquarie Infrastructure Partners (“MIP”) today announced that OOIL‘s wholly-owned subsidiaries, OOCL LLC and Long Beach Container Terminal, Inc., have entered into a Sale and Purchase Agreement to sell 100% of LBCT LLC to a consortium led by MIP, for US$1.78 billion. LBCT LLC operates the Long Beach Container Terminal (“LBCT”) ...
- Agility India Earns Prestigious CEIV Pharma Certification
- Agility, a leading global logistics provider, has been awarded the IATA’s Centre of Excellence for Independent Validators (CEIV) certification for pharmaceutical logistics for its Mumbai, India operations.
The certification, by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), demonstrates Agility’s ability to ensure the integrity of pharmaceutical products throughout the supply chain, and to manage high-value, temperature-s...
- NWSA Handles Record-Breaking International Container Volumes In First quarter
- The Northwest Seaport Alliance handled a record-breaking 775,522 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) for total international container volumes in the first quarter of 2019, a 12 percent increase over the same period last year. Total volumes from January through March equaled 932,288 TEUs and are up 11.1 percent, the second-highest first-quarter performance ever.
Total container volumes for March reached 336,828 T...
- New Representative at Hamburg’s Chinese Liaison Office
- There was a change of responsibility at the Port of Hamburg Marketing Representative Office in Shanghai. The previous manager, Lars Anke left the Office at his own request to dedicate himself to a new challenge in Hamburg’s port economy.
From this point in time the new head is the previous deputy of the Representative Office Pan Hua. The position as deputy head has been taken on by Michael Wunderlich. Ha...
많이 본 기사
- “3대 항만공사, 공컨테이너 실태조사 전무” 부산북항 재개발 배후도로 본격 공사 판례/ 서렌더 선하증권으로 화물 반출시 원본 선하증권을 확인해야 하나...북미수출항로 물동량 한국·중국 부진으로 감소세 전환창원시 ‘서울 아덱스 2019’ 참가해 수출동력 발판 마련판토스, 물류업계 최초 정보보호 통합인증 획득BDI 1855포인트…中 철강 마진 약세, 케이프 반등 어려워KSS마린, 우진선박에 해사안전 IT프로그램 공급인천공항공사, 신규취항 인큐베이터 제도로 항공네트워크 확대성용경 작가, 국내 해운업계 최초 문예지 등단
- BPA, 개도국 공무원 대상 항만교육프로그램 운영인천항만公, 기술개발제품 시범구매제도 활성화 앞장팬퍼시픽항공, 무안-클락 최초 신규취항 발표씨랜드-머스크, 브랜드론칭 1주년 기념 고객초청행사 개최화촉/ 세방익스프레스 정호철 대표이사 장남베트남, 국제컨테이너터미널 프로젝트 투자 비준페덱스, 인터내셔널 이코노미 서비스 유럽 노선 확장인사/ 해양수산부日 고베항, 7월 물동량 25만TEU…8%↑美 시애틀·터코마, 9월 ‘컨’ 물동량 7.1%↓