- NWSA moves record-breaking international container volumes through May
- The Northwest Seaport Alliance’s total container volumes in May reached 315,792 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs), a 2.1 percent increase over May 2018. While international imports were down 4.7 percent, exports were up 6.6 percent over May 2018. Total container volumes for the first five months of the year reached 1,572,028 TEUs, a 10.1 percent increase from the same period in 2018, with import and export ...
- APL Clinches Third Consecutive Best Shipping Line in the Trans-Pacific
For the third year in a row, APL, part of the CMA CGM Group, has been named the ‘Best Shipping Line in the Trans-Pacific’ at the 2019 Asian Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Awards in Hong Kong last evening. Voted by industry stakeholders, customers, global shippers and readers of Asia Cargo News, t...
- Korean Business Delegation Visits Wallenius Wilhelmsen
In connection with South Korea’s president Moon Jae-in visiting Norway, a business delegation from Korea visited Wallenius Wilhelmsen headquarters in Oslo on 11 June. The delegation consisted of Ki Tae Park, CEO of KHAN Precision Industry Co., Weonyong Lee, CEO of Techheim Co., Joonseok Min, Executive D...
- American Airlines Cargo Announces New Summer Service to Ger
- American Airlines is adding new destinations to its international network with additional widebody service to Germany for summer 2019. New routes include Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Munich, Germany (MUC) on a Boeing 787-800, beginning June 6.
This seasonal route gives American a second widebody flight to Munich in addition to year-round Airbus A330-200 service to Munich from Charlotte (CLT) that launched...
- APL Halves Fleet Carbon Emissions Intensity Since 2009
Following the CMA CGM Group’s recent announcement on reinforcing its environmental objectives, APL today announced a 47.4% reduction in carbon dioxide emissions per container transported per kilometre in 2018, compared to its base level in 2009.
The result follows the Environmental Performance Assessment (EPA) o...
- Port of Hamburg moves more cargo by rail and is well equipped for further growth
In Germany’s largest universal Port of Hamburg more than 135 million tons of seaborne cargo traffic are cleared annually. A major share of this freight reaches or leaves the port by rail. If you look at the shares of various modes of transport on the overland seaport-hinterland routes, then rail is in pole position in Hamburg with 4...
- Star Alliance to Show a New Smile
- Star Alliance today announced the plans for THAI Smile Airways to become the next Connecting Partner in its global network. The Chief Executive Board of Star Alliance, meeting on the sides of the 75th IATA Annual General Meeting in Seoul, approved the application of THAI Smile Airways to become a part the Alliance‘s Connecting Partner model.
The Connecting Partner model was established by Sta...
- Continuing Growth in Container throughput and Digitisation Strengthen Port
- Container throughput continues to grow in Rotterdam. Following a record year in 2018 and a record quarter in 2019, April of this year was the best month ever for the Port of Rotterdam. 13.6 million tonnes of container freight was handled in April 2019. The previous record month was August 2018 (13.2 million tonnes). Measured in TEU, the standard unit for containers, April 2019 was the second-best month ever, with ...
- CMA CGM and MSC to Join TradeLens Blockchain-enabled Digital Shipping Platform
- Global container carriers CMA CGM and MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) today announced they will join TradeLens, a blockchain-enabled digital shipping platform, jointly developed by A.P. Moller - Maersk (MAERSKb.CO) and IBM (NYSE: IBM). With CMA CGM, MSC, Maersk, and other carriers committed to the platform, data for nearly half of the world’s ocean container cargo will be a...
- New Volkswagen Group Packaging Centre Opens
- Imperial Logistics has formally opened the new Volkswagen Group Packaging Centre which it is managing and operating at JadeWeserPort, Wilhelmshaven (Germany).
The 40,000 sq. m facility took 9 months to complete. Around 200 representatives of local and state government, senior management of Volkswagen Group and Imperial Logistics, along with service partners and others, attended the grand opening, which included a tour of ...
많이 본 기사
- “3대 항만공사, 공컨테이너 실태조사 전무” 부산북항 재개발 배후도로 본격 공사 판례/ 서렌더 선하증권으로 화물 반출시 원본 선하증권을 확인해야 하나...한진, ‘원클릭’ 택배 서비스로 스타트업 성장 응원판토스, 물류업계 최초 정보보호 통합인증 획득창원시 ‘서울 아덱스 2019’ 참가해 수출동력 발판 마련북미수출항로 물동량 한국·중국 부진으로 감소세 전환KSS마린, 우진선박에 해사안전 IT프로그램 공급BDI 1855포인트…中 철강 마진 약세, 케이프 반등 어려워오리엔트스타로직스, HMR그룹 등과 손잡고 필리핀 물류시장 공략
- 인천공항공사, 신규취항 인큐베이터 제도로 항공네트워크 확대성용경 작가, 국내 해운업계 최초 문예지 등단BPA, 개도국 공무원 대상 항만교육프로그램 운영인천항 목표물동량 달성 컨선사에 인센티브 추가 지급팬퍼시픽항공, 무안-클락 최초 신규취항 발표씨랜드-머스크, 브랜드론칭 1주년 기념 고객초청행사 개최인천항만公, 기술개발제품 시범구매제도 활성화 앞장화촉/ 세방익스프레스 정호철 대표이사 장남中 옌톈항에 세계 첫 20만t급 자동화 ‘컨’ 터미널 들어선다인천항만공사, 플라스틱 제로화 앞장